Monday, August 31, 2026

Malice review

 


Book: Malice

Author: Heather Walter

Pages: 480

Date(s) Read: July 27th, 2026 to August 31st, 2026

Date Published: April 13th, 2021

Rating: 4/5

Genre: Fantasy, Romantasy, Sapphic

Characters: 4/5

Writing style: 5/5

Story: 4/5

Ending:  4/5

Cover: 5/5

Format: Hard Cover

Date Bought: July 25th, 2026

Book Cost: $3.66

Review:

Malice is a unique take on sleeping beauty that was highly compelling.

 

In Malice, Alyce is known as the dark grace. unlike the other Grace's her blood is green; she is unattractive, and her powers cause curses instead of enchantments and enhancements, making her of ill repute. Tired of feeling powerless and afraid, Alyce starts to explore her magic with the help of a mentor, an imprisoned shifter named Kal. While honing her abilities, she falls for Aurora, the cursed princess of Briar.

 

I found the world-building interesting and intriguing, as well as in-depth. The history behind the Vila was fascinating, and having Aurora start off with a generational curse was a unique twist.

 

I loved the romance between Aurora and Alyce. There's so much tension and yearning. I also felt for Aurora as much as I did for Alyce.

 

This fantastic classical fantasy fairytale reimagining is a must-read for fans of sapphic love and classic fairytales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Malice review

  Book: Malice Author: Heather Walter Pages: 480 Date(s) Read: July 27 th , 2026 to August 31 st , 2026 Date Published: April 13 th , 2021 R...